Thursday, July 30, 2009

MADE REDUNDANT


My dear husband got retrenched yesterday, 30 July 2009. Today, 31 July 2009 will be his last day at work. At about 12.30pm he called me and told me he is the only one from the Singapore office who has been asked to go. This is the second batch of retrenchment his ex-company has exercised and quite a few of his colleagues from the Australian office has opted for redundancy.
We know that the reason for his laid off is because of office politics and that his new superior who came on board a couple of months back do not see eye to eye with him on many of the company issues and business dealings. But as Christians, we believe that things like these happen for a purpose, Rom 8:28. And we want to claim God's promise and by faith trust Him to help us work out this matter in our family.
Like Job said, "The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away, may the Name of the Lord be praised." Thank God for good friends like Reb and KM, who upon knowing what has happened, called to show us God's love and concern. Also the many friends and customers of Pete's called and sent emails to express how shocked they were and offered their friendship at times like these.
Hide me now, under Your wings
Cover me, within Your mighty hand

Chorus:
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still, know You are God

V2
Find rest my soul, in Christ alone
Know His power, in quietness and trust

No comments:

Post a Comment