Monday, July 27, 2009

Poverty in Spirit


Brokenness, deepest form of repentance, acknowledging myself a sinner saved by God's love and grace. Nothing but Christ to boast about. Total dependance on God. Righteousness based on faith in Christ, not on law or by works. A lifestyle of those who belong to the kingdom of heaven.


Who am I, that the Lord of the all earth
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart.

Pre-Chorus:

Not because of who I am.
But because of what You've done.
Not because of what I've done.
But because of who You are.

Chorus:

I am a flower quickly fading.
Here today and gone tomorrow.
A wave tossed in the ocean.
Vapour in the wind.
Still You hear me when I'm calling.
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling.
And You've told me who I am.
I am Yours, I am Yours.

V2

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin.
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again.
Who am I, that the voice that calm the sea.
Would call out through the rain.
And calm the storm in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment