Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Time for Everything

The Cantonese have a saying "zham har gan" (with a blinking of an eye) which means times flies. Before you know it, your children would have completed their studies, or are planning to get married.

In a few days' time I will be a year older. I can't wait for the day when our two teenagers set up their own families, and my husband retires. After his retirement, he plans to travel from country to country, staying in the countryside to write his book and I will follow him to pursue my photography - to enjoy and take pictures of God's creation; nature - trees, clouds, rainbows, animals, etc.

In the meantime, we have to continue to do a good job loving and raising the two precious youths God has entrusted to us. Even now they feel that they can manage 75% of their lives and only come to us when they need money, food, advice, and in areas where they still need our assistance, we will, by God's grace, faithfully be around so that they know that we are there for them when they need us. Besides that, I have signed up for short-term bible studies and dance classes to upgrade myself :) I have just completed a book on "Lord, give me a heart for You." based on II Corinthians and have found it to be very applicable for our daily lives. I am really looking forward to the next book "Lord, only You can change me." Am really thankful to God for the job He has given my husband so that he can provide for our family and at the same time I can enjoy all these.
Yesterday, after church my husband and I came home to re-arrange and shift some of our plants to the outside of our home. We are pleased the place looks more homely and nicer now. Later in the afternoon, Peter went to play his golf, I decided to use up the rest of our light green paint to paint certain walls of our home veranda. Now it looks newer and cleaner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment