Sunday, January 16, 2011

No Knead Ciabatta and Croutons


I baked the above No-Knead Ciabatta Bread this morning and gave half to a friend. It's crispy on the outside and chewy inside. I used to be a bit intimidated when handling bread dough, especially those wet and gluey ones. After many attempts of breadmaking, am more confident and am now enjoying kneading, punching and shaping them :)


This recipe has only 5 ingredients - so simple too : 4 cups of bread flour, 2 cups of warm water, 1.5 tsp salt, 0.5 tsp yeast and some rolled oats. That's all :) The only thing you need is patience - time. I mixed the ingredients last night at 10pm and covered it in a pot till 7am this morning. Baked it at 250 degrees C for about 1/2 hour let it cool on the rack before slicing it.
I had some left over french bread which I bought from the bakery shop. So I cut them into small pieces, sprinkled some pepper, salt and olive oil. Baked it together with the No Knead Ciabatta bread and there I have my home-made croutons for Peter's salad :)
I ate some of these with my plate of Tuna Salad - crunchy and yummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment