Sunday, March 3, 2013

A short testimony

On our way to visit my MIL today, I was complaining to my husband about our present situation in church and blaming GOD for not acting yesterday or the month before. 

Being really a spoilt child of His and impatient, making a big fuss, My Father in heaven overwhelms me with His love by letting me eat one of my favourite fruits - Buah Duku. 

After parking the car, we went to the hawker centre nearby to have lunch.  On our way, there's this shop selling Bauh Duku when it is not easy to find this fruit as not many fruit stalls carry them. 

My heart just melted, even though it may be a small thing to many people, but my Father in heaven knows me and I could not help but seek His forgiveness for my bad attitude.  Cannot help tearing as I think of His patience and love.  He cares even for a mere human being - how I feel and what is happening to me. 

This is why even though I get hurt by Christian brothers and sisters, by His grace, I still continue to cling on to Him, for He is the only reason why I am still a Christian. 


The love of God is greater far
Than tongue or pen can ever tell.
It goes beyond the highest star
And reaches to the lowest hell.
The guilty pair, bowed down with care,
God gave His Son to win;
His erring child He reconciled
And pardoned from his sin.
 
Chorus:
O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure
The saints’ and angels’ song.


 
V2
When hoary time shall pass away,
And earthly thrones and kingdoms fall;
When men who here refuse to pray,
On rocks and hills and mountains call;
God’s love, so sure, shall still endure,
All measureless and strong;
Redeeming grace to Adam’s race—
The saints’ and angels’ song.
 
 
V3
Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made;
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky

No comments:

Post a Comment