Friday, March 29, 2013

Surrender - Peom written by Peter


Dedicated to my wife and prayer partner who has been praying faithfully that I learn to surrender to the Lord each part of my soul I'm still desperately clinging onto to claim as my own.
May you be bless and may you also learn the sweet joy of surrendering areas of your life to Him as He places His gentle finger there and patiently waits for you to submit to His perfect will:
Written as I meditated over what He has done for me on Good Friday.
...
Surrender, A word of negative connotation
Of retreat, failure and frustration
Yet You chose it in the incarnation
To bring us eternal salvation

You left Your heavenly glory and splendor
To live a life of simple surrender
You proved it in the Garden of Gethsemane
When You will to die for humanity

The way to the cross was paved with choices
Many a clamouring, enticing, competing voices
But You gave heed to none of them
And in silent surrender was condemned

What You went thru I can never understand
No matter how hard I try to comprehend
The allegation and accusation of wrong
The scorn and sickening slap so strong

They spat on You and struck You hard
And in all these evil I took a part
The scourging strength of every strand
The whip, Oh, my God! it was my hand!

Cruel crown of thorns You wore
Wicked taunt of royalty You bore
It must have hurt You to Your core
And yet You took on much, much more.

You struggled with the punishment and pain
Who would know the sorrow and public shame
Still You surrendered to the will of Him above
To demonstrate and display divine, enduring love

The way of the cross You walked alone
Heavy beam, jeers of crowd, blood stained stones
At last to the place of skull You came
You showed Surrender is serious, it’s not a game.

Hard spikes hammered You to the cross
As You carried all our dark, evil sinful dross
You could still have ended it all
If only to Your Father You would call

To the greatest agony - separation from Him - You did not yield
But in total obedience You surrendered to His will
With sorrowful sighing of the soul You breathed Your last
But this is present to me, not the past.

Your will aligned, Your soul surrendered
Thus to You the ultimate victory He handed
You live again, O Lord Jesus, forever more to reign
Leading to the heavenly home all the chosen saints.

So help me to obey and to surrender
To I, me, my and mine, to never pander
To flee the darkness and to fight the sin
To die to live, to surrender to win.

God be praised.

Peter Loh
26Mar12, Tuesday
In Residence, Radisson Hotel, Rm 304.
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei

No comments:

Post a Comment