Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sept - Oct 2012 Bakes

Found this very good Yam Kueh recipe and have made this many times for CG, band members and friends.
 
A friend ordered some Muffins and Lemon Tarts.  Gave some Lemon Tarts to a church friend who said it was very good :)
 

Another friend ordered 68 pieces of Gingerbread men for her two daughters' classmates for Children's Day.  I made these two on the left in swimwear for her and her husband :)
 

My first attempt on making Char Siew.  It was tender and tasty. 

This is a second batch of Golden Kiwi and Mango Jam.  Gave 2 bottles away to 2 church friends.
 

 
Hahaha I enjoy playing with colours so I chose these vegetables, cut them into sticks for our praise band potluck lunch.
 
On this particular Tuesday morning, I baked bananas coated with honey and cereals for the 2 guys in my family.  They love it :)
 

Tried making Banoffee Pies - Bananas with toffee and whipped cream.  A bit too sweet for me and my family members :)

Bought two bottles of pesto sauce from UK; basil and sun dried tomatoes.  So I decided to make Seafood Pizzas with two types of bases.  They turned out so pretty and delicious as well :)

Was toying with what to bake for breakfast.  Ended up with a sponge cake so I used my homemade Plum Jam for the filling.
Another simple breakfast - homemade wholemeal hot dog buns.
 

This is one of our family's favourite - braised duck :)  It takes quite a bit of effort to make so I do not make this often.

My first attempt on making Mooncakes.  Thank GOD it turned out well so I decided not to buy from outside for our own consumption this year.  I bought good quality White Lotus Paste, toasted the melon seeds and used 100% Maple Syrup for the skin.

This is another good recipe - Garlic Bread. Instead of the usual shape, I twisted them.  Don't they look pretty ;)
 
My first bake after a 3-week break of baking because I was away.  Just wanted to make something simple for breakfast.  Found some fresh strawberries, added them to my basic muffin recipe and top it off with some cream cheese frosting and Blackberries :)
 
Only 3 of us in the family like this Salted Duck Soup.  So I seldom make this but since my daughter is not with us, I decided to make it again.  She does not like the smell of salted fish, salted vegetables, etc ;O
Bought some premium minced beef the other day from Cold Storage.  So I decided to make Swedish Beef balls.  Then, while making them, I thought of this creation.  They not only look nice but also tasted very good.  The combination of cheddar & Parmesan cheese and herbs with the the beef balls wrapped with wholemeal bread :o
 

Baked this Orange Marble Cake with sour cream today.  Had it for my tea break.  Yum Yum;)
 
This was the result of playing with some apps on my iPhone.  It was actually two pieces of cakes frosted with cream and decorated with Cadbury Chocolate Flakes.  Lovely ;) 

Made this especially for a Missionary couple and family.  When he saw my FB post of the previous Mooncakes, he said he likes Mooncakes but over in Bangkok, the ones they buy from the shops are dry and very sweet :(  So I gangho, (this being my 2nd attempt) said I would make some for them since his wife was coming by Singapore for a visit.  I bought the best sugar free white lotus paste that I could find and found a pretty box to put the mini Mooncakes.  Thank GOD they turned out well and the family took pictures of their beautiful smiles while eating them :)
 
They were so sweet to buy this box of Macadamia nuts and also wrote some encouraging words on this personalized card for us.  GOD bless them :) 

Heehee I like this black and white Sesame Buns.  Enjoying playing with colours, baking and taking pretty pictures of my bakes.  So fun :)
 

Colours again - in this pot, you'll find Red and Yellow Pulots (Plums) plus some Blueberries.  Guess what I was going to turn them into ;)
 
 
Yup, Plum & Blueberry Jam :)  Blessed a church brother & his family with one of them.



These are supposed to be Macarons but they turned out to be Meringues.  Someone said they look like seashells :)
 
Nice right ?  The display really plays an important part.  Takes a bit of work to place them nicely onto the pastry dough. 
 

Ta Da ... French Apple Tart :)
 
After baking the above French Apple Tart, I was thinking to myself, "why not try baking fruits onto Pizza Dough?" So I tried this - Banana Pizza.  Surprisingly it tasted very good, especially warm :)

With the extra Pizza Dough, which is basically Olive Oil Dough, I baked them in Souffle Cups. 

This is a new recipe - Mini Butter Buns.  They remained soft and moist on the next day. 

Was in the mood to play with shapes on this particular day.  So I decided to bake my Egg Tarts into Twinkle Twinkle little Tarts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment