Sunday, August 19, 2012

July - August Bakes

Compiled this Home-cooked Food Recipe Booklet of the dishes my daughter enjoys at home, for her to bring to London, so that whenever she misses home and feels like eating some home-cooked food, she could whip up a simple meal for herself. 

Fresh Berries Tart with Pastry Cream.
First attempt at Chocolate Souffle with Eliza's help.  Thank GOD it was successful and we enjoyed it :)
 Also first attempt at Steamed White Lotus Buns :)

Chocolate Marble Bread
Banana Walnut Cake

 Tried this Coffee Honey Glazed Eclairs from Martha Steward's recipes for
Genesis July rehearsal.
 Ps Shern gave me this Hummingbird Cupcakes and Muffins Book for my birthday.  Have been trying out the recipes since :)
 Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting - another recipe from the above book.  Made these for my classmates at Exodus LTP :)
 Cream Cheese Buns
 First attempt at Apricot Jam with Black and Raspberries.  Love it :)
 Red Velvet Cupcakes from the above book.  Gave a box of 4 to Eliza's friend who was feeling down that day.  After this first attempt, I decided to bake 2 recipes for Peter's 50th Birthday.
 Ah ha ... found this delicious and yet simple Garlic Bread Recipe.  Have tried it twice so far.  The first attempt was for my family members (they have always been my faithful testers). Made the second lot for some friends in church.
 Don't know how many attempts have I made at baking Macarons.  Just can't get right the nice shape a French Macaron should look like :(  But you cannot fault the overall taste ;)

 The last time I tried Hainanese Kaya.  This time, it's Nonya Pandan Kaya :)
 Used some of the Kaya for my Kaya Buns.  The other Buns are Cranberry Cream Cheese Buns.  Forgot who I made these for ;)
 Another Cupcake recipe from the Book.  This time I baked this Hazelnut Chocolate into a tin and then divided it into 4 layers.  Spread Nutella and Cream Frosting in between the layers.  Just a simple cake for family's breakfast :)
 Ahaa.. I remember this one.  Baked these Cranberry and Blueberry Buns plus Chocolate Espresso Buns loaf for the brother and sisters who helped out at Registration counter at the Precept Conference held at WEFC.
 These are the bottles of Apricot, Blackberry and Raspberry Jam I made for those who came for Peter's 50th Birthday.  I enjoyed this jam so must share with the people you like :)
 Made these Coconut Macaroons for one of the CG meetings.
 These Homemade Tau Sar, Otar and Bak Kwa & Floss Buns were made especially for Genesis at our August rehearsal.
 Triple Chocolate with Kahlua Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting - another recipe from the book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment