Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Apple n Cranberry Turnovers and Baked Stuffed Apples



With these 8 mini Gala apples I turned them into two types of desserts.


Apple and Cranberry Turnovers


I cut and sliced 4 of the apples, added cranberries, cinnamon and some brown sugar. The I took out 2 sheets of puff pastries, cut them into 8 square pieces, filled them with the apples and cranberries and sealed them. I glazed them with some egg wash and baked at 200 degrees C until they are golden brown.



For a healthier version, I removed the core of the remaining 4 apples and stuffed them.



I stuffed the apples with cut dates, mixed with some Post Cereals, Pecan nuts and a teaspoon of brown sugar.



After baking them for about 20 minutes, I removed them from the oven, let them cool down and cut them into halves. They are soft on the outside and crunchy on the inside :)

No comments:

Post a Comment