Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hand knead Bread

NO MACHINE!!!!! I can't believe that I could finally make soft buns without using the machine!! Now I can make my own bread while in the missions field where I may not get to have a bread machine or mixer to knead the dough.. better still, I can use my GOD given hands ;)




Thanks to Annabel, who taught me the technique of bread-making without using the machine. Now I no longer fear handling the wet and sticky dough. In fact, I had so much fun kneading the dough that my bread machine will be placed in the storage for quite sometime ;)





It all started with this lump of wet and yucky looking thingy. I was not able to take my own pictures of the kneading method but after kneading it for about 20 minutes, it formed into the dough you see in the next picture.




After the dough has risen to more than half the actual size, I divided them into small portions.




Cheddar cheese sandwiched between stripes of honeybaked ham. It is really cool to put in whatever filling you and your family like and in whatever combination too. Have in mind to try out this recipe with coffee, nuts, cheese, etc. Hahaha, thinking of it makes me happy :)





The first picture shows those filled with honeybaked ham and cheddar cheese. The round buns in the second picture are filled with tuna and cheese.





Yesterday, I baked one recipe of 2 variations; luncheon meat and tuna with onions.





My son took the luncheon meat bun to camp for his breakfast and one of his camp mates had some to try and was impressed. Said it was as good as the ones he bought from the shops ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment