Friday, December 11, 2009

National Service


Sunrise at 7am this morning along the TPE.



Clouds in Pulau Tekong.


This is our son, Renfred.
We sent him into Tekong Campsite early this morning to fulfil his obligation as a male Singaporean. We prayed as a family last night, committing him to the Lord as he serve his country for the next two years. Thank God he has the right spirit and attitude, saying that "since I have to go in, I might as well enjoy and do my best." He called tonight to say that everything is okay and he sounded happy.
A few days ago, a good friend of mine asked how I felt about my only son getting enlisted into the army. I couldn't give her an answer because the reality of Renfred's enlistment has not yet set in. But after last night, I was able to tell my friend that even though I was a bit emotional about it, I had peace as I know God is with Renfred and that God is able to take better care of him that we can.
Our daughter, Eliza and Renfred at the NS recruits' canteen.
Renfred and his platoon mates at the parade square, waiting to "check in" to their bunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment