Friday, December 25, 2009

Gingerbread Men


Don't these Gingerbread Men look happy and inviting? This is my first attempt of making Gingerbread Men and I was really pleased with the outcome :) I simply love the smell of the spices and they tasted yummy too :)


These are especially baked for the praiseband I am with. When I first joined Genesis 6 years ago, I had this crazy idea to give something each year to the members of this band to remind me each day of God's creation.

Thus, on the first year, I gave them tealight holders with candles because God said "Let there be light and there was light." On the third year I gave them potted catus, representing plants that God made. On the fifth day God made stars so last year I learnt to make stars from my daughter and I placed them in small bottles. This year, which is my sixth year with Genesis, I thought since God created man on the sixth day and I couldn't give them a real man, I made Gingerbread men :)

Even though up till now none of the Genesis members asked about the funny gifts they have been receiving for Christmas all these years, the Lord still gave me the joy in doing so ;)

Hope you had a meaningful Christmas this year.

May the LOVE of Jesus fill your heart this Christmas
And may the HOPE that is found in our Lord and Saviour
Fill you with a new vision for the year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment