Sunday, August 3, 2014

The well known chapter on faith - Hebrews 11

F -  Future sure
A - Assured of His presence
I  - Immeasurable love and grace
T - Trusting
H - Heart

V1 says faith is being sure - of what? 
Of the hope of eternal life which we do not see, which Jesus promised in John 3:16 and many other verses in the Bible.  Believe this includes the rewards and things Jesus had promised in His Word.

V3 says by faith we understand - understand what?
that the universe was formed at GOD's command as in Genesis 1:1.

V6 says it is impossible to please GOD without faith.  We must believe that GOD exists (Psalm 14:1) and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him because He promised that they will find Him in Jeremiah 29:13.

I like verse 10 where it says Abraham was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is GOD. Something in my heart just feels that that is the place I belong to; not in this sad, confusing, discouraging, stressful world we are currently staying in.

When I first became a Christian, I looked forward to going to church, getting involved in the choir, the youth fellowship, etc where I was serving actively and also growing in Him. During those years, the only trials I could remember was having to deal with my unbelieving parents. But as I grow and mature in the faith, it gets harder - my Father in heaven is putting me through numerous tests and obstacles to mould me. To the extent that I broke down so often, that the road is so tough and dreary and the light in the tunnel is getting dimmer. When will I get to pass Your tests, Father in heaven?  When will I be able to serve You happily again? My heart ache and my soul yearns to be free of these trials.  How long, Father?  How long?  Issues kept coming one after another like there is no end.

I know that "we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places" (Eph 6:12)  Especially when we have dedicated ourselves and our children to You; Renfred just entered into Bible College to prepare himself to be in Your service, our daughter whom you have opened doors for her to study overseas (we are entrusting You to do Your work in her life that she will be a vessel for Your kingdom's use in time to come) and for Pete and myself, if it pleases You, to be called into your missions field to serve You for the rest of our lives when You see fit.  For Jesus has redeemed us and we are His. 

Please keep us under the shadow of Your wings and watch over us as we pledge our family's allegiance to You.  You have been faithful and good and in You we trust.  By Your grace we will plod on till we see Jesus face to face to hear "thou good and faithful servant."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOkImV2cJDg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rR_Rdb1CTE

No comments:

Post a Comment