Monday, August 11, 2014

Battle Scars

I started learning to cycle proper on 21 September last year after my husband bought me a hybrid.

After about 6 months, he upgraded me to his road bike.  It is nice to do things as a couple even though at times the thought of having to wear jersey, gloves, helmet, goggles, etc puts me off ;)
 
I have had 3 falls thus far; one minor from the hybrid and two major from the road bike.  The above picture shows the wounds I had after last week's pre National Day ride of 61.74km from Woodlands through Orchard Road to Marina Sands Bay and back.  I fell after Trinity Theological College at Bukit Timah where there were many portholes along the road.  Thank GOD that there was no vehicle behind us and I did not suffer any bone fracture :)
I had these bruises during our ride to Punggol, along the park connectors.  It was past midnight and the fall was quite bad.  But still thank GOD, because the spectacles were damaged during the fall, I had to visit the optician and there we learnt that my degrees had decreased by 150 on one side and 125 on the other.  So I had a pair of new spectacles as a result of the fall :)
 
Thank GOD for blessing me with the best trainer and instructor, who has been very patient and an excellent coach :-)
 
All these battle scars cannot be compared to what Jesus suffered on the cross for me.  When I reflect on Isaiah 53 on what Jesus went through to redeem me back to my Father in Heaven, I am filled with gratitude once again for His great love and sacrifice for me and for the world of lost sinners.


 Isa 53 :3-7
"He was despised and rejected by men;
a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief;
and as one from whom men hide their faces
He was despised, and we esteemed Him not.
 
Surely He has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed Him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.

But He was pierced for our transgressions;
He was crushed for our iniquities;
upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with His wounds we are healed.
 
All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on Him
the iniquity of us all.
 
He was oppressed, and He was afflicted,
yet He opened not His mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so He opened not his mouth."
 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment