Saturday, October 12, 2013

Learning to ride a bicycle after half a century old

I have never been the sporty type and it really takes me some effort to decide to learn how to ride a bicycle in order to join my husband in at least one of his sport activities.  He bought me this new hybrid which costs S$290/-, weighs about 14kg on 21 September this year so that he could train me to cycle and join him together with some of the riders in our church in this sport.
 
This is my 2nd intensive, private training with Peter.  There's a new road somewhere near Woodlands 11 and it was here I learnt to make a turn with the bike.  Had a couple of falls with bruises and cuts but thank GOD they heal quite well.
 
This is my 3rd training lesson at the park next to Christ Church Secondary School, where our daughter Eliza used to study in.  You can see Peter instructing me and I had fun learning.
 
The 4th training session was to "conquer" the slopes to the Sembawang Park.  This was just one day before I decided to join the weekly WEFCG Friday Night Ride last night on 11 October. 
 
This was just part of a larger group of WEFCG riders.  We started our ride at about 11.20pm last night and it ended close to 2am.

The three crazy couples who cycled to Sembawang Park last night.

The four ladies in last night's ride.

My coach, partner and friend.  Must say Peter is a very good trainer and an excellent leader.  He just has the natural flair in him to lead and instruct the group as we cycle. 
Most of all am thankful to GOD for safety for each ride.  You do not not what is going to happen during the ride because each ride and road conditions are different.  So each time we leave home, we would commit the ride to the LORD, and when we reach home safely, we thank the LORD for being with us, for granting us safety.  Am still very inexperienced in this sport but I take it as a journey of faith as I commit each ride to the LORD.  Safety is in the presence of the LORD :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment