Sunday, September 8, 2013

Our first visit to the Chinese worship service


Today my husband and I attended the Chinese Worship Service for the first time.  Pastor Ho was the speaker and George led in the worship.  

 
Even though we do not all the words being sang, we could understand the gist of the song as we were all singing praises and worshipping one same GOD.  The message, though simple, has ministered to me, comforting me that I just have to continue to worship and adore GOD in whatever circumstance my family and I are going through now.  Ps Ho cited the song "It is well with my soul" and the story behind it.  He showed a short video clip of "Chariot of Fire" encouraging us to run the race with perseverance on and to continue to be a testimony for Him.  Focus on Who GOD is, His Word and His works.  Be still and wait on the Lord.  Isa 40:28-31.


 He also reminded us from Heb 10:24-25 to consider how we may spur one another to love and to do good deeds.  He also stressed on the assembling of the saints and fellowship of brothers and sisters in Christ as GOD did not plan for us to be alone.  During the service, I noticed the words "Brothers and sisters " were part of the message the 2 pastors were stressing to the congregation.  We are brothers and sisters in Christ and we have to show love and concern for one another.

Jesus came to give us hope, not fear.  He came to give us life abundant.  John 10:10.  Last night I was asking GOD for an answer and  He replied me with the first 2 sentences of the respond song at the end of the service.  "I hear you.  I know your heart's desire."


Indeed, I serve a Risen Saviour, a GOD Who lives, everlasting and uncreated GOD, not made by human hands. 

"I worship You, Almighty GOD,
There is none like You.
I worship You, O Prince of Peace,
That is what I want to do.
I give You praise,
For You are my Righteousness
I worship You, Almighty GOD
There is none like You.

No comments:

Post a Comment