Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Breads, Pies & Birthday Cake


Peter turned forty-eight last Saturday. I baked a Blueberry Cheesecake for the CG celebration and bought a Tiramisu Cake for the home celebration. So does it mean he is now 96? ;)

Tried this Grape Focaccia bread but was not successful as I forgot I ran out of bread flour. Used all-purpose flour instead so it did not turn out as it should :(

This herb bread was baked a couple of days later. mThe taste was nice but texture was too dense :(

This peanut butter bread looks more like a normal loaf of bread :) Baked with my bread machine and it remained soft for a couple of days. Goes very well with a spread of chunky peanut butter :)

Baked this Chocolate Swirl Bread yesterday and it turned out quite soft. Yummy with Nutella :)
The children had this for breakfast this morning.

On the left is Apple and Cherry Pie which I baked for one of our CG's meetings. On the right is Blueberry Tart. I used fresh Blueberries and the family enjoyed them for breakfast.
I baked the above during the last 2-3 weeks when I was updating the Holy Land Blogs. Baking has become part of my weekly routine. Thank GOD for the free time to bake whatever and whenever - really enjoy it very much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment