Thursday, April 2, 2009

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED?

What life would be like for a Christian or a Pastor if Jesus Christ has not died on the Cross and rose again for us? I like to read through the Bible at my own pace and slowly absorb what God has done us, how much He cared for us and to what extend He goes to show how much He loves us.

I have read through the Bible a few times and each time I learn something new or it helped to refesh my memory (cause I do not have a mind of a sponge - it's more like a flower pot with holes) I was just sharing with my daughter this morning that if Jesus Christ did not come we Christians would still be offering animal sacrifices for the atonement of our sins, guilt, etc and I can't imagine us and the pastors having to go through the rituals again and again. THANK YOU JESUS for first loving me :)

My husband and I have been Christians for more than 30 years. We came from the BP background where the church emphasizes much about God's Word. Due to the need of an extra room for children, we moved to Woodlands sometime in 2001. Since then we have been attending the church nearby. It took a bit of adjustment to settle down in the new church after being with our ex-church for more than 20 years. By God's grace and goodness, I have learnt to be obedient and submit to my husband's decision to move church. I remembered very clearly that we asked the Lord to make us a blessing in this new church as we do not want to be Christians who just receive but to give and be used by God to be a blessing to His people.

How time flies, after about 8 years in the present church, our teens are now growing as they serve. My husband and I have been serving since the year we joined. During this period, I have learnt to apply what I have learnt. It has not been an easy 8 years - whilst serving, I get accused, hurt and I cried many times here (don't remember going through such pains when I was in my ex-church). It is really not an easy road travelling to heaven. THANK YOU JESUS, for being there with me and my family all these times and for the days ahead.

Hmm... I wonder what would my life be like without You, JESUS?
V1
"It's not any easy road, we are travelling to heaven
For many are the thorns on the way
It's not an easy road, but the Saviour is with us
His presence gives us joy every day

V2
It's not an easy road, there are trials and troubles
And many are the dangers we meet
But Jesus guards and keeps so that nothing can harm us
And smooths the rugged path for our feet.

V3
Tho I am often footsore and weary from travel
Tho I am often bowed down with care
A better day is coming when home in the glory
We'll rest in perfect peace over there.

Chorus:
No, no, it's not an easy road,
No, no, it's not an easy road
But Jesus walks beside me
and brightens the journey
And lightens every heavy load."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Irene, Thank you for the reminder that we need to take care of our own before reaching out. on behalf of NerfConvert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, Thanks for your fellowship in Christ. Hope you, Tzun and Kai Qi had a great time in Phuket :)

    ReplyDelete