Thursday, June 18, 2009

Father's Day / Mother's Day

We celebrated Father's Day last Sunday because our son wanted to go for a nice buffet with 2 of his friends and since they could get a 15% discount with Peter's credit card and we had to be present, he decided to kill 2 birds with a stone :)

This weekend, we will just have a simple meal as family and I baked a Orange Cranberry Cheesecake for the man of the house.


Last month, Eliza gave me a voucher for a set a "exercise" clothes for my Jazz class as a Mother's Day gift. With conditions of course - "purchase must be affordable for Eliza Pte Ltd, purchase must be appealing and voucher is valid till 31 Dec 09." It was a very pleasant surprise indeed - so creative :) She is really thoughtful and sweet. She knows what I need and that I find apparel for sports too expensive. Will let her have time to save up first before I go shopping :)
Renfred was the first one that day to give me a hug and wished me Happy Mother's Day. He stillowes me a Durian Waffle at Icekimo :)

While writing this, I am reminded of my Father in heaven, the True and Faithful One. Here's a song by Brian Doerksen:

Verse 1
Father I can't explain this kind of love, this kind of grace
I know, I still break your heart and yet You run to welcome me

chorus:
This is my song of praise to You
For who You are and all that You do
From the moment my life began, You have been faithful

Verse 2
Father, I love the way You hold me close and say my name
I know, when my life is through my heart will find it's home in You

Bridge
Father, certainly as the rivers reach the sea
Certainly as the sunrise in the east
I can rest in Your faithfulness
Surer as a mother's tender care
Surer than the stars still shine above
I can rest in Your faithfulness
We can rest in Your faithfulness

You have been faithful
You will be faithful
Forever faithful
Father.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment